Obi is recognised as one of the key drivers of the Creative Industries in Nigeria and across Africa, with particular focus on Tv, Music, Digital Media, Social Media, Mobile Entertainment & Sports in Nigeria and across the African Continent. He has also worked across more traditional industries with demonstrable experience in Oil, Gas, Power, Capital Projects, Infrastructure & Procurement. Obi is an entrepreneur and has always been a driver of innovation.
Educational Services Company, pioneered getting Nigerian Secondary Schools online, worked with ETF and MTN Foundation to deliver over 4000 Schools to internet connectivity and e-learning, also represented leading South African Schools in Nigeria; in terms of Educational services, company worked with Shell, Microsoft, Open Source Technology and many others.
PPC Nigeria is an affiliate of Phillips of Holland since 2005, one of the largest ICT companies in Nigeria, and engineering service companies operating in Nigeria.
In 2014, Obi Asika was appointed to the African Advisory Committee of the Smithsonian's National Museum of African Art in Washington DC. He is the first overseas individual invited to join the committee
Obi Asika also sits on the board of the Collecting Society of Nigeria (COSON) and is a prominent figure in laying the infrastructure for the growth and development of the media & entertainment industry
· Member of the Presidential Committee on The Nigeria Centenary Project at the office of the SGF, appointed Feb 2012.
· Member, Ministerial Committee for the Centenary for the Federal Ministry of Sports in April 2013.
· Delegate, Presidential Sports Retreat, 2013
· Member, Ministerial Committee on Reform of NYSC 2012
· YouWIN Mentor 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014
· Member, Advisory Board, Smithsonian Museum of African Art, Washington DC, 2014
· Presidential Summit National Economic Management Team Industry Co-Chair Media & Entertainment 2011
· Eko Football Brand Development Consultant 2011
· Calabar Rocks, Brand Development and Platform, Cross River 2008
· Board Member, Copyright Society of Nigeria (COSON) 2011-date
· African Leadership Network Honoree 2012
· Rebranding Africa Champion, Africa2.0
· Governing Council Member, Nigeria, Africa 2.0
· Trustee, Online Publishing Assoc. of Nigeria, 2013
· Vice-Chairman Kwara United, 2003 - 2005
Stanbic-IBTC on a mission to encourage high level of entrepreneurial consciousness. Here is an interview on Obi Asika C.E.O. Storm 360 Degrees as he tells us his exploits from way back and his plans for the nearest future. Shot by Emmanuel Ndejito & MacTaiwo, Edited by Emmanuel Ndejito.
Obi Asika, CEO, Storm360 talks about: how he got involved in television through music; how Storm made the Doctors series; its strategic relationship with Endemol on Big Brother and other formats; and the huge potential for TV content downloads on mobile in Nigeria
Nigerian Obi Asika wears many hats, among them; Co-founder of AMPN West Africa, Founder & Chairman of Storm360, Director on the Board of the Copyright Society of Nigeria and the list continues. Although now a major player in the creative industries, Obi also has experience in a range of sectors including Banking, Energy, Marketing and Communication.
Channel O's most influential media moguls present an inspiring interview with Obi Asika. Obi describes what makes you a mogul and what responsibility it brings to you and the society at large.
Africa's first ever social media week took place in Lagos this February 2013. How did Nigeria get the right to host the event? What exactly happened during the social media week? What plans are the organizers putting in place to improve next year's edition?
Uploaded by Enterprise Creative on 2015-02-24.